Beth A. Davis
Beth advises collectively bargained multiemployer funds, known as "Taft-Hartley plans," including defined benefit, defined contribution, health and welfare, and apprenticeship plans. She also provides counsel to clients on retiree medical trust matters including implementing health reimbursement arrangements and compliance with rules and regulations under the Internal Revenue Code. Beth's experience in employee benefits includes short-term and long-term disability claims, life waiver of premium (LWOP) claims and life insurance claims. Before joining The Wagner Law Group, for more than 15 years, she represented individual claimants seeking benefits under ERISA plans. Beth has spoken on various ERISA topics, ranging from the intersection of ERISA with Social Security Disability Income benefits to how best to support a benefit claim at the initial and appeal levels.
Beth was previously a Senior Attorney at a Los Angeles law firm handling ERISA matters. She has been admitted to the bars of California, North Carolina, and Illinois.
- State Bar of California, 2010
- State Bar of Illinois, 2004 (inactive and in good standing)
- State Bar of North Carolina, 2006 (inactive and in good standing)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2004
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1991
- Major: Philosophy
Publications & Presentations
- EDS and the Disability Claims & Appeals Process | The Ehlers-Danlos Society | June 10, 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Understanding Disability Claims”, InVisible InCourage Podcast with Jess Stainbrook of Invisible Disabilities Association, February 25, 2022
Retirement Industry People Moves - Beth A. Davis, PLANSPONSOR, July 22, 2022 (PDF)
Attorney Beth A. Davis Joins The Wagner Law Group - July 18, 2022 EIN News; Today in Law; Massachusetts Business Journal; Finance Industry Today